Sunday, August 31, 2014

Just to Recap


When I said I was working full time for the summer I was completely serious....I sadly did not have the time or energy to blog, which seems terrible, but really it means that I was attempting to accomplish so much more than I could. 
I worked and worked and worked this summer. On my days off I did things like mow the lawn, clean the house, pack, and even extracted honey with my dad! I spent a lot of time with the people who are closest to me and really enjoyed being home for a little while. 

Now, I am one week into school and though I miss being at home, I am still loving it here! I am (yet again) taking a full course load of 18 credits, participating as an SUUSA Department Rep. and some of my 18 credits are in things that take more time than regular classes. I am participating this year in the opera (Dido and Aeneas) and two choirs (as usual) and in the spring I will be auditioning for a role in SUU's production of Fiddler on the Roof. This is going to be a very exciting year! 

One week in and I'm already exhausted, but I'm finally living in my own room and cooking my own meals and I can truly say that the drama is basically non-existent now! I am living with two of my best friends and we all are enjoying it here. It's a little more of a walk from campus than where we were living (on campus housing), but we are all enjoying the freedom and lack of strict quiet hours and shared rooms and confusion. 

With all the excitement of being a Junior in college, I still miss home like crazy, but I know that this is where I am meant to be and that when I finish this grand adventure I will be a much greater person for it! I have already seen the growth in my life and I am very blessed and happy to be here! I love the people who support me in all that I do and I want them to know that I love them very much and that I miss them and value them above all else.

Love, Corlissa

Oh Happy Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment